DIRECTOR OF NURSING – HOSPICE
Immediate opening for a hospice Director of Nursing to manage the daily administrative operations and provide clinical direction to the nursing staff. The DON ensures quality of patient care, leads the interdisciplinary team, and oversees the budget in accordance with our mission, vision and values.
· Manage, coordinate and oversee of all aspects of the hospice to ensure growth and profitability.
· Supervise, develop, evaluate and provide training to an interdisciplinary team of RN’s, LVN’s, CNA’s, aides, therapists and social workers.
· Conduct patient assessments and participate in developing an interdisciplinary plan of care that respects the patient’s values.
· Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with patients and their families, physicians, nurses, health care providers and the management team.
· Evaluate patient care services and provide clinical direction to maintain the overall quality of care in accordance with hospice guidelines.
· Follow up on referrals and patient satisfaction of service.
· Ensure the hospice maintains compliance with legal, regulatory and accreditation standards.
· Manage patients’ data and medical records in accordance with HIPPA guidelines.
· Authorize medical care in accordance with Medicare and Medicaid guidelines.
· Oversee and maintain cost controls to ensure budgetary guidelines are met.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of nursing and current California RN license in good standing is required.
· Minimum three years of experience with at least one year of experience as an RN Supervisor or Director of Nursing is preferred.
· Working knowledge of JCAHO standards, CMS, and other regulatory agency requirements.
· Knowledge and expertise in clinical decision making to meet the needs of the patients, and contribute to quality review and evaluation.
· Must have a current valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
· A criminal background check and drug screening is required prior to employment.
If you meet the qualifications of this opening, please submit your resume and salary requirements by emailing it to Rebecca Abell [email protected].
Hire Up is a full-service staffing firm dedicated to providing you with the highest level of service for direct hire, temp-to-hire and temporary positions; including assistance with payrolling candidates, pre-employment background checks and job search resources for applicant
Locally owned and operated, we are dedicated to serving our clients and applicants with the most comprehensive and professional level of service because we strive to serve you the best out of any recruitment service in our area
We are confident you will find our service is a step Hire Up from the rest!
Isn’t the job for you??? CLICK HERE to see more of our openings or put a rush on things and APPLY NOW so that one of our skilled team members can start working towards finding the right position for you!